Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Lake City, CO

I spent 5 nights in Lake City, CO and got to go to a concert with Suzy Bogguss. She is a country star and it was a great concert with dinner.  I got to sit in the front row. I ate ice cream too often but I did walk a lot. The elevation is 8,661 feet so the nights are cool. Got down in the 40's in July.

The town park is in the middle of town.

This is the west side of the park and downtown Lake City. You can see the soda shop in the middle and I was in there several times.

I stayed in this great cabin and walked to town numerous times a day.

The cabins were just the right size.






The shower house and laundry were right out the front door of my cabin. This picture is from my porch. Notice the mountains right behind the building.


I ate breakfast in this rustic place most mornings.

Two rivers come together in town for a beautiful view.

The deer visited our cabin area often.



The Lake City Cafe served the greatest blueberry pancakes. Nice view of the mountains, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment