Thursday, August 27, 2015

Chapel of the Holy Dove

One of my favorite places to take a break is in Arizona and I have been stopping there since I found the little spot back in 1971. It is located a few miles north of Flagstaff, AZ and is right on the side of the road. It is the kind of place everyone should stop at and take a minute to unwind. I always do.

 This is the sign in front of the little chapel. 

I cut out this article about the place from a news paper in Phoenix, AZ that tells the story better than I. 

 This is a view from the road that passes by and also shows San Fransisco Peak in the background. 

This shot is from out front of the big picture window facing the mountains. 

 View out at the mountains on one of my visits.

A different day and a better view. 

 The entrance isn't very tall and the floor is gravel.

Inside people have posted prayers for friends and family. 

The drive on to the Grand Canyon is also beautiful. 

Aspens turning on the side of the mountains. If you get a chance stop by and enjoy a moment of peace. It's not on any map I have seen so you are going to have to find it on Rt. 180 north out of Flagstaff. 

This was a sunny day and a good day to see the mountains. Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. I thought I commented on this already, but I this was a really neat place! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula for viewing. I am enjoying doing this and have lots of views. I just found all the comments today. Cool!

      Delete