Friday, July 22, 2016

Great Sand Dunes National Park

The Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado is one of my favorite places to hang out. I spent 5 nights there and experienced rain, sun, hail, lightning, wind, mosquito, deer, great tourists, and relaxation. 

Sunny day in Colorado.

The clouds added a special effect to the dunes.

The river does not run all the time but due to a large amount of snow last winter the river has continued to flow late into the summer.

In order to get to the dunes you have to walk across the river, or just stop and play in the river. The kids really enjoy it. This was 4th of July, I stayed in my camp.

Not a bad campsite for getting the last one in the park.

The deer were pretty friendly as I took down my tent.

Later I moved to this campsite and still had a great view. 
Variety is the spice of life!

You can ride horses into the sand dunes.

Deer were everywhere.

They enjoyed the shade as much as I do.

The river is amazing and I took hikes along it.

Early morning is a good time to walk the river.

6:00AM

Me and my shadow.

Even the parking lot was empty.

Sunset and the last sun on the mountains. This picture is from my campsite.

This one also.

And this!

A friend I met at the campground, Ryan.

Every day was another great view.

Hail stones the size of peas.

People playing in the river was like people going to the beach. Many people climbed the dunes, no thanks.

I had a great time, stop in sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment