Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Winter Trip to Alaska

Back in 1993 I was driving for a company out of Indiana delivering travel trailers around the country. I got a trip to Alaska in February to drive a motor home pulling a travel trailer. It was an exciting trip and I am glad I got to go. 

This is what I was driving.

The road was long and beautiful. The trip from Indiana to Anchorage took nine days. 

Most of the trip was along the ALCAN Hwy.

This unit was over 60 feet long.

There wasn't much traffic on the road in February.

Most places along the road were closed.


Cabins were closed so I slept in the motor home I was driving.

Once in a while I found a gas station/restaurant open.

Beautiful sites along the way.

This is called The Sign Post Forest. Easy to see why.

I did see snow plows when it snowed. 

There were a few big trucks on the road as well. It was hard to see when they went by.

There are a few communities along the way.

People live along the road as well.

Distances are so long that many have planes to travel. 

Beautiful along the way.

Snowy!

Frozen rivers!

A very remote place to live.

Interesting how the rivers froze in motion. Look and you can see the rolling water frozen in place. 

Look what passed me when I was finally in Alaska.

Sign going into Alaska. 

My destination in Anchorage, AK.

No comments:

Post a Comment